Home brew sleeper cabs

ERF-NGC-European:

adr:

ERF-NGC-European:
Another example of those smart F8 MAN tops. Robert

Love the look of these F8 MAN tops, this is pic of MAN Roadhaus I drove for Frederiks, I was a big fan of the Roadhaus which I found to be a lovely Wagon to drive with an excellent cab to be away in :smiley: It would be interesting to see a price comparrison to see the cost difference between buying the Roadhaus or buying a normal flat top cab & having the F8 top conversion fitted? Also applies to other wagons like the Scania 143 with I think was a Esteppe? high roof fitted, IIRC there was one running in Astran colours & Geoff Gilbert had at least one in his fleet, as Scania didn’t do a factory fitted high roof until the 4 series/Topline, despite the 143 main rivals Volvo/Globetrotter & DAF/Spacecab, obviously Scania felt the 143 bought enough to the table already, which few could disagree with. Chris

You rightly distinguish between the older F8 customised tops and the later ones. The high F8 cab tops were supplied ex-factory by the likes of Esteppe. The later F90 cab had a factory Commander high cab option and later the Roadhaus came along, which continued into the F2000 cab. Your picture appears to be an F2000 Roadhaus. MAN’s factory high cabs were very roomy. Robert

There where two version highroof on the F90 , 1 the factory version and the version from Indupol belgium. The last was a higher than the german version. More space inside .