Meeting family after nearly 40 yrs

I’ve a half sister I’ve not seen for 40 yrs , i know her name that’s about it , she grew up with my step - mum & her family , she apparently recently got in contact with my sister who has met her , my sister has said she wants to meet me & find out more about our dad who died just after she was born if I remember right , not sure what I could tell her my sister couldn’t .
I’ve said no I don’t want to meet her as 40 yrs is along time & I don’t know why but I just don’t feel comfortable with it ,
It’s set my sister off on one that she’s disgusted in me , we were going to meet up in 2 weeks now my sister has said she doesn’t want to , and even though I’ve said I don’t want to meet my half sister she said I never will , now my daughter has got involved , nieces , nephews & it’s like a battlefield
I wish my half sister had not contacted my sister , 40 yrs is far to long , I’ve no connection with her other than I can remember her name .
Some times it’s best to let the past stay in the past .

Your sister and family should respect your decision; if they want to meet up again after 40 years that is their choice and you should respect theirs but you don’t need to meet her if you don’t want to. Just because we share some random DNA with people doesn’t necessarily obligate us.

xichrisxi:

was that the entire point if his post you just made there,or has he still to post it?? :confused: