The music thread

manalishi:
That’s a fair analysis but my reaction to anyone covering the jewels of music is brutal,I hated it.Almost as bad as when Stevie Nicks=Dreams was butchered by the Corrs many moons ago,I don’t tend to mind when established credible acts build something new from a masterpiece,Hendrixs=Watchtower or even Bryan Ferrys take on Lennons=Jealous Guy for example.The songs are actually revitalised,but this tendency for uknown acts to kickstart a job evasion project by plundering the greats,and I personally revere Paul Simon as the best of them all,I tend to have issues with.
People tend to think that musics subjective,ie Take That sold more discs than the Beatles therefore that makes them more successful,hmm.The two songs you submitted,Good Vibrations and Like A Rolling Stone are possibly contenders for the finest musical creations this planet has ever heard,I seriously doubt anything vaguely similar will ever fall from the likes of Ed Sheeran or god help us…Gary Barlow.

Maybe it’s more a case that some records can be bettered while others can’t.Not so much that there are any sacred ones.While S and G’s creations usually fall into the former category maybe with some exceptions which prove the rule among those who like some of the few recreations.On that note these are my favourite S and G ones and no one is ever going to better those at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2ZsAOlvEM

youtube.com/watch?v=IkFBOd4YN60

While Mrs Robinson works best in its movie version for me together with the car scene.( Notice that the Alfa had to have a dubbed V8 effect added so as not to put off potential customers :laughing: )

youtube.com/watch?v=kIPbZjRubi4