Another driving/shift hours question

oldwelshdude:

tachograph:
You can get a printout for any days records that’s still on the driver card.

When your card is in the tachograph and the tachograph is on the standard display press the down arrow and scroll to the driver 1 printout menu, enter the date for the printout you want and press OK.

Alternatively offer your boss a copy of the printout (if he wants one), if you don’t do 2 printouts you should keep the printout with you for the next 28 days then hand it in to the transport office.

Ok I have my tacho card back.

Now I’m guessing on Monday I need to do a printout for every day I didn’t have my card, Inc Friday.

Do I need to do any manual entries other than my weekly rest period from Friday shift end to Monday shift start? Or am I missing something?

“A printout for every day I didn’t have my card” :confused:

When you drive without using a driver card because your card is faulty or lost/stolen you should do vehicle printouts at the start and end of each shift.
On the pinouts you should write:

• The driver’s name or driver card or licence number, so the driver can be identified
  • Any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, availability, and rest or break
  • The driver’s signature

You cannot just drive a HGV without a card or printouts, that’s a good way to get parked up and fined.