Roger pickering photo's

pete smith:

newmercman:
Nine lorries and if the two on the opposite carriageway are what I think they are, all but two are British made, the Daf could’ve been assembled in Leyland too. All in a livery too, no plain white with a sticker on the door. How times have changed…

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Morning Mark,
Yes all liveried up, all British assembled, apart from the Scania, as I think it is a Strato bringing up the rear? They might all have Fuller gearboxes as well? Again apart from the Scania.
It is strange seeing Daveys being overtook as they never used to hang around! Cheer’s Pete

I think you must all be looking at a different photograph to me.

A UK assembled MAN F90 or Merc SK? I don’t think so. I can’t see the tanker on the other side clearly enough, but it seems to be one of Patterson’s, suggesting it’s probably a Volvo either F7 or FL10, although maybe they did have a few DAFs now I think f it. The block motor on the other side in Tarmac colours is a 1635 they had quite a few in the late 80s, maybe the rear cab windows are putting you off but they were a factory option and the top bunk was deleted if specd.