Digi tacho easy explanation

Jonbones89:

DC17148:
As I am returning to this industry after 15 years away from it and getting used to the digital tacho is rapidly becoming the most worrying aspect of it all (originally it was passing the medical although I actually passed this with flying colours :smiley:) especially as there seem to be 3 different types out there.
This thread has proved to be very helpful and I thank the OP and all the other posters kind enough to give there time to share their invaluable wisdom.
I shall read and reread all your comments in readiness for that moment in a few days time when I climb up behind the wheel look up at whichever model I find installed and hopefully all your advice will come flooding back.

If its any more help to you the hgv i get in at work when i insert my card first thing on morning it automatically sets to other work. So i leave it do my checks and when im ready to go i just drive and it changes to driving automatically. Then when i stop it goes to other work by it self. So the only thing i need to worry about is when im on a break put it on the rest symbol and after my break set it to the hammers and when i drive it does it all auto.

I dont do a manual entry on a morning because when i finish my shift i put it on the rest symbol and then eject my card cos i am not doing any other work or driving until i insert my card the next day.

It is simple enough but its something i had to physically do to fully understand if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That information helps. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk