Peak District.

Chris Webb:

Retired Old ■■■■:
It’s a poor job when folks move all the way to the Isle of Man just to avoid taking their turn at buying the breakfast. And I notice young Dan has taken to running around the Swiss mountains after I almost caught him in Macclesfield a few weeks ago. Perhaps he thinks I’m so senile that I’ll forget what that abomination of a rattly old Foden looks like if he keeps out of the way for a while.
Meanwhile, I believe that Rigsby is keeping his head down until after Brexit in the hope that the Peak “foreign currency” will not be accepted as legal tender after down here after it all happens.
I’m thinking of taking a few pals for a jaunt in the hope of cornering that Webb chappie for a breakfast or two next Spring, I have made tentative plans for the last week in May and the first week in June as I’ve heard there may be some sort of entertainment on hand for those two weeks, We plan to slip in “under the wire” by way of a small fishing boat to Ramsey harbour with a cargo of a few motorcycles to assist in paying for the fuel.
Anyone care to join us?

:smiley:
Morning ROF.
Yes,it’s called the TT and everyone is welcome,including Cheshireites exiled from Gloucestershire. If you do try to avoid border control on arrival in Manx waters beware of our Customs and Excise and Fisheries Protection vessel “Barrule” that will ■■■■■■ you to Ramsey where the Isle of Man Police will then ■■■■■■ to you to the Jurby Hotel.
However if you manage to slip through you will be pleased to know that we take anybody’s money,unlike the UK that will not accept Manx currency,even though it’s got Liz’s portrait on it.
Not sure about Peak District currency though,if you bring Dave Rigsby you may have to pay for all his snap and ale …………………… :grimacing:
I’m looking forward to seeing you,keep me informed of your intentions.
Lomas Distribution have been known to come over here,perhaps you could sneak into the island via one of them. :smiley:

No chance of me gracing your shores Chris , I get seasick watching the tide come in , however ROF has no need to relax as there is a visit in the planning for October in Macc . He’s kept it quiet but another Trucknet member has clued me up , I’ve even got a rise in me spends in anticipation .