Traffic commissioner hearing

Hi ,

I’ve been asked to attend a hearing with the traffic commissioner as I have had 2 endorsements for speeding on an A class road within a year. One offence was in a transit van and the other the lorry, both offences carry a sp10 “exceeding goods vehicle speed limits” each occasion I got a £100 fine and 3 points. I am being reviewed as to my suitability to retain my LGV entitlement, no mention of the clean licence and no convictions the previous 8 years. Given that one offence was in a van under 3.5t does this seem a little excessive? Each offence was 10-12mph above the limit for the vehicle driven at the time. Should I be unnecessarily worried about this hearing as I’ve never been up before the commissioner before?
I should add that I am the O licence holder for our truck.

Take Vaseline and book any outstanding holidays now

wear a suit,bow,scrape,doff your hat,grovel,look suitably remorseful,and lie through your teeth telling them anything you think they will want to hear then let the pretentious nimby types think you are suitably humiliated and hope for a stern warning.
thereafter revert back to your normal self and forget the fact you were obliged to demean yourself in front of them for half an hour.
they wont be the slightest bit interested in you or your excuses other than a reason to justify their jobs.

dieseldog999:
wear a suit,bow,scrape,doff your hat,grovel,look suitably remorseful,and lie through your teeth telling them anything you think they will want to hear then let the pretentious nimby types think you are suitably humiliated and hope for a stern warning.
thereafter revert back to your normal self and forget the fact you were obliged to demean yourself in front of them for half an hour.
they wont be the slightest bit interested in you or your excuses other than a reason to justify their jobs.

This as well. But before anyone mentions double jeopardy, it isn’t a court of law, it’s a pompous lady or gentleman in a cheap suit, imagine they are naked when you consider your reply.

Hope it goes well mate. Just look extremely apologetic and make sure you dress smart. Suited and booted not jeans and hi-vis [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Take your ipad and show them that youtube video of a traffic commissioner driving and say you assumed that was the sort of standard to aim for.

Here it is

braveheart:
Hi ,

I’ve been asked to attend a hearing with the traffic commissioner as I have had 2 endorsements for speeding on an A class road within a year. One offence was in a transit van and the other the lorry, both offences carry a sp10 “exceeding goods vehicle speed limits” each occasion I got a £100 fine and 3 points. I am being reviewed as to my suitability to retain my LGV entitlement, no mention of the clean licence and no convictions the previous 8 years. Given that one offence was in a van under 3.5t does this seem a little excessive? Each offence was 10-12mph above the limit for the vehicle driven at the time. Should I be unnecessarily worried about this hearing as I’ve never been up before the commissioner before?
I should add that I am the O licence holder for our truck.

yes you are being reviewed for your fitness to hold a lgv licence, also being the o licence holder for the tuck is going to be taking into account aswell i would suspect, i would be spending some money and investing in a transport soliciter to attend the hearing with you. chances are you may just a warning but they may decide too suspend your licence for period, this is where the soliciter comes in to make sure you dont get a suspension. good luck

Own Account Driver:
Take your ipad and show them that youtube video of a traffic commissioner driving and say you assumed that was the sort of standard to aim for.

Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVZ3IAlnrU

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
that would be a winner for the 1st driver with balls,or one thats chucking it in anyway.
somewhat similar to my dream of going up for some driving conviction for careless or speeding and being able to state,im afraid i have no recollection if the alleged incident as i was ■■■■■■ out of my skull all day,hence can only take the officers word for it. :slight_smile:

As the O licence holder you are responsible for all of the company’s vehicles not just those specified, so the van offence is relevant because you committed it. To the authorities 10 to 12 mph over the limit indicates deliberate flouting of the limit rather than accidental transgression so expect the matter to be taken rather seriously. The TC is likely to be needing significant reassurance that as the licence holder you take your duty seriously to ensure that the company’s other professional drivers comply with the requirements. Currently he is probably under the impression that you have a cavalier attitude towards this aspect of road safety and as licence holder you might be applying pressure upon other drivers to rush about. You may well be advised to book yourself voluntarily onto a speed awareness course as proof of your intent.

defineately a must to take bells video with you then.
book a course for after the hearing then obviously dont waste your time attending.

Now listen to me I just been band for 10 days lost my international basicly cos I don’t grass when I went before tc I went suited tidy proved to him finance and all that vòsa man Mr bell said I’m inersent I proved to him I spent 4300 pounds on solicitors and courses rha and all that and ģrovelled like hell I had a brilliant solicitor woman from bristol I thought I’m okay here and said to him I don’t drive hardly at all now Christ he turned on me and said but Mr ward you got a7.5 ripper for your building work and you ain’t got many 6 week records checks service and said your right sir goď if l did rip me to pieces I said anything go wrong I get fixed straight away and I’m fanatical about it then he starts on about I’m not fit to be in transport I said in forty years in ever had any traffic offence apart from odd speeding he said you shouting had them then I’ve said I’m fed up people your age 62 thinking you all be transport managers basicly it’s all college or uni people I said d but sir I was on one course with them and 1 guy didn’t know what a fifth wheel clip was ant that his very important his reply he will learn then I said to him can I really in time yes he said if you go and pass the Cox but I don’t think your able to pass basicly I was told any more and you lose the restricted I’m letting you have talked to me like I was a complete fool which I ain’t I wanted to say listen I got a really thriving company but way the he’ll moral of this his don’t be clever dress tidy grovel a bit and do your best good luck regards rowly

Thanks for the replies, I’ll get the suit and kneepads looked out. Hoping for a warning, a suspension would be a disaster for our business at the minute as I’m the only one who can drive the wagon.

Had the hearing today, got stern warning due to not having any other infringements on my O licence. Grovelling suit is now at the back of the wardrobe again, and a radar detector has been ordered! Poor fella in front of me got 4 weeks suspension for 3 speeding offences in last 3 years, stated his case as the sole earner in his house with 4 kids…

good for you.all they want is for their pompous self importance to be noticed and seen to justify their jobs.
totally meaningless now your out the door and forget it happened…good man. :slight_smile:

Be careful regarding the radar detector as I understand using one is illegal, so well worth a google search?

I think you mean radar jammers are illegal. Radar detectors are perfectly fine.

halfords.com/advice/technol … yers-guide

braveheart:
Had the hearing today, got stern warning due to not having any other infringements on my O licence. Grovelling suit is now at the back of the wardrobe again, and a radar detector has been ordered! Poor fella in front of me got 4 weeks suspension for 3 speeding offences in last 3 years, stated his case as the sole earner in his house with 4 kids…

What a pity the TC isn’t calling you back again to explain your attitude out of court and to reconsider his sentence. No wonder the public hate lorries and lorry drivers. I hope I am wrong and that sentiment is all bravado for a supposed approving audience but if I am not, would you let us all know your frequent routes so that I at least can warn my family to avoid them.

stuwozere1:
I think you mean radar jammers are illegal. Radar detectors are perfectly fine.

halfords.com/advice/technol … yers-guide

Quite possibly, that is why I said google it :smiley:
I have a memory like a sieve, but retain some parts but never the whole story!

cav551:

braveheart:

What a pity the TC isn’t calling you back again to explain your attitude out of court and to reconsider his sentence. No wonder the public hate lorries and lorry drivers. I hope I am wrong and that sentiment is all bravado for a supposed approving audience but if I am not, would you let us all know your frequent routes so that I at least can warn my family to avoid them.

Don’t worry, I won’t be down your neck of the woods blatantly flaunting the law, safe in the knowledge of that you can go back to your curtain twitching and talking to your cats.

braveheart:

cav551:

braveheart:

Don’t worry, I won’t be down your neck of the woods blatantly flaunting the law, safe in the knowledge of that you can go back to your curtain twitching and talking to your cats.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
well said that man… :laughing: