Peak District.

Chris Webb:

rigsby:
I noticed your route was via Brierlow Bar and Harper Chris , neatly avoiding Border Control and not paying your dues . No wonder we’re all poor in Buxton . If you’d come through town the cctv would have seen you and you would have got a summons , not that you would have payed it .

I’m immune from paying local tolls int Peak District,having lived in Froggatt for 14 years. :laughing:
I doubt the CCTV would have deciphered our Isle of Man number plate anyroad. :grimacing:
I followed a Hazelcroft DAF artic down into Macclesfield,usually go via Congleton and Holmes Chapel but A54 were closed where it splits off from the Cat,just outside the fine town of Buxton. :slight_smile:

The Congleton road is shut for about 4 months , repairs to the crash barriers at Wildboarclough , quite a big job they reckon . You know how it is these days , they shut the road to mend the footpath , health and safety rules . Living in Froggat doesn’t exempt you I’m afraid , Froggat’s nearly in Yorkshire anyroad and Isle of Man refugee status won’t wash with us hillbillies either .