UK Domestic rules

Can someone clarify UK domestic rules for goods vehicles , i understand 10 hours driving 11 hours duty a day 7 days a week , rest must be sufficient
Passenger carrying vehicles is different set of rules on breaks etc as stated here in the gov site gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules
We have a new transport manager who says we can’t drive 7 days a week :question:

Nowhere does it list a weekly limit for anything so it is up to TM to point out where a driver is limited to a max of 6 days driving in the week

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … stic-rules
2.2. Domestic driving limits
Driving is defined as being at the controls of a vehicle for the purposes of controlling its movement, whether it is moving or stationary with the engine running, even for a short period of time.

Daily driving
In any working day the maximum amount of driving permitted is 10 hours. The daily driving limit applies to driving on and off the public road. Off-road driving for the purposes of agriculture, quarrying, forestry, building work or civil engineering counts as duty rather than driving time.

Day: The day is the 24-hour period beginning with the start of duty time.

Daily duty
In any working day the maximum amount of duty permitted is 11 hours. A driver is exempt from the daily duty limit (11 hours) on any working day when they do not drive.

A driver who does not drive for more than 4 hours on each day of the week is exempt from the daily duty limit for the whole week.

Week: Is the period from 0000 hrs on a Monday to 2400 hrs the following Sunday.

Duty: In the case of an employee driver, this means being on duty (whether driving or otherwise) for anyone who employs them as a driver. This includes all periods of work and driving, but does not include rest or breaks. Employers should also remember that they have additional obligations to ensure that drivers receive adequate rest under health and safety legislation.

For owner drivers, this means driving a vehicle connected with their business, or doing any other work connected with the vehicle and its load.

Thanks Rog , will see how it goes :smiley:

I used to drive on domestic rules, there is nothing stopping you driving 7 days a week, got pulled by vosa twice and no problem, although one of the guys didn’t believe me so he went on his laptop but couldn’t find anything to say I was breaking the law.

I’m currently driving 7 days a week on domestic, on domestic there are no weekly rest requirements