Peak District.

windrush:

Chris Webb:
We usually go back to M6 and Heysham via Ashford/Brierlow Bar/Harpur Hill and A54 Congleton Dave,but A54 was closed,so went via Macclesfield following a Hazlecroft Garage DAF artic. We got through Macc about 8-15 so was a piece of โ– โ– โ– โ– .
That Cat and Fiddle A537 hasna altered much. :laughing:

Just missed out on one of ROFโ€™s overpriced breakfasts then Chris, your stomach will be greatful of that at least! :open_mouth: :laughing: All change around Buxton nowadays, Tarmac trucks will probably be running from Tunstead, Breedon from Dowlow (formerly Steetly/ Redland/ LaFarge) and Bardon from Topley Pike (once Tarmac) quarries. Hard to keep track of them all these days but at least the quarries are still working, most around Matlock (Crich/Milltown/Dene/Shining Bank/Ivonbrook/Ballidon) are either long gone or just shadows of what they used to be. :cry:

Pete.

Do you know Pete,I forgot about ROF and his snap,heโ€™s always on about Derbyshire lads buying his breakfast. :laughing:
Breedon and Bardon both originated in Leicestershire,I remember the red Breedon and Cloud Hill tippers as a kid.Is Cemex another one in Derbyshire now,I understand the old Blue Circle plant is now Hope Industries.
I thought Topley Pike had long been closed,like Eldon Hill.At least Ballidon and Ben Bennett are still at it.