Guy

Great atmospheric shot of the day MML ! can’t just make out the full reg. no. but it was obviously prior to the Big J and it was the later “long door” version and had the ■■■■■■■ 180 engine. Brings back memories of a Millom haulier ■■ Clarke and their identical unit and short tandem axle trailer which had low side boards. This motor was driven by the late Bob Wright, from Millom, and his regular job was three round trips per week from Millom to Sheffield. He delivered Pig Iron on the outward trip and returned with broken scrap moulds to the Iron Works in Millom. In order to complete these 3 round trips he stayed at The Kelmscot café on the A6 at Chorley about 3 nights per week . When I was a trailer mate at Brady’s in the mid/later 60’s we sometimes digged there if we had tipped tin plate at MB nearby. Bob was always at the digs, either on his way to Sheffield or on his way back to Millom. The rates out of Millom were , I’m told, very keen ! but I suppose if the motor was loaded 100% there and back it probably worked. Those were the days ! Cheers Dennis.