Two different tachos in one day, query

Hi folks, today I’m having a half day so I can go and collect a truck for a friend (unpaid).
I’m a Class 2 driver for Palletline in a new Daf CF with a Vado tacho so my card goes in at 7am and I do manual entries for the time since it came out last night.

Hopefully I’ll finish lunchtime (card out) and then I’m getting picked up and driven 2 hours away to said truck. It has an analogue tacho with discs and I’ve not used one before. It has a digital display which looks very similar to my Vado so I’m not worried about inputting the manual entries into it for the 2 hour ‘break’. I won’t go over my driving hours to bring the truck back.

Question is, when I put my digi card back in my Daf on Monday do I have to transfer the information across from the analogue disc when I do the manual entries? My employer knows what I’m doing and is cool with it, they told me just to keep the disc but I just wanted to check that was sufficient?

Ta in advance!

Indigo:
Hi folks, today I’m having a half day so I can go and collect a truck for a friend (unpaid).
I’m a Class 2 driver for Palletline in a new Daf CF with a Vado tacho so my card goes in at 7am and I do manual entries for the time since it came out last night.

Hopefully I’ll finish lunchtime (card out) and then I’m getting picked up and driven 2 hours away to said truck. It has an analogue tacho with discs and I’ve not used one before. It has a digital display which looks very similar to my Vado so I’m not worried about inputting the manual entries into it for the 2 hour ‘break’. I won’t go over my driving hours to bring the truck back.

Question is,when I put my digi card back in my Daf on Monday do I have to transfer the information across from the analogue disc when I do the manual entries? My employer knows what I’m doing and is cool with it, they told me just to keep the disc but I just wanted to check that was sufficient?

Ta in advance!

If your doing a analog just get a copy (scanner) and keep with your records, as to hours you’ll have worked 5 hours being driven to pick up the other motor can be classed as rest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indigo:
collect a truck for a friend (unpaid).

Is it a commercial or private truck :question:

You can make a manual entry or keep a copy of the card, or do as I would do, bin the card or let the dog have it.

Indigo:

Question is, when I put my digi card back in my Daf on Monday do I have to transfer the information across from the analogue disc when I do the manual entries? My employer knows what I’m doing and is cool with it, they told me just to keep the disc but I just wanted to check that was sufficient?

If the lorry you’re collecting is not over 7.5t and not used for commercial use you don’t need to use the tachograph, having said that I’m going to assume that it’s either over 7.5t or/and being used commercially in which case you will be in-scope of the drivers hours regulations.

You don’t put manual entries into an analogue tachograph you write them on the back of the chart.

The analogue tachograph will automatically record driving when the vehicle moves just like a digital tachograph does, when the vehicle stops moving it will record other work as long as that’s what it’s set to before you start driving, so once set to other work you won’t need to change anything again unless you stop for a break.

When you next use your driver card use the ? symbol for the time from the end of today’s shift on a digital tachograph to the start of the shift when you next use your driver card.

Do not try to put the data from the analogue chart into a digital tachograph it’s not necessary and you’re likely to make mistakes, the activities will be recorded on the chart, legally you will need to keep the chart with you for the next 28 days then hand it to the operator, keeping a copy of the chart is not legally sufficient.

Fill in the centre of the chart as in the first picture I’ve posted, ignore the rest of the image it probably won’t be of any interest to you if you’re only driving the vehicle for a couple of hours but you will need to complete the centre fields on the front of the chart.

To do manual entries on a chart you do them as shown in the picture bellow, ignore the centre of this image it won’t apply to you as you will only need to complete the centre fields on the front of the chart.

You are obligated to keep the disc with you for 28 days and return it to your transport manager after that time so he can keep it for company record. If the truck is not on o’licence just keep it for 28 days.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk