Driver vacancies NYC and Delaware

Any of you geezers who live in the USA or can get the right to work here, we need some good drivers, mostly based in the NYC (Yonkers) are or they could be based in NJ or Delaware. As a result of ELOGS becoming law or biggest rivals can’t cope and do the runs they had regularly, which proves they all ran illegally , their drivers can’t do the runs and get back in the same day obviously. We have been asked to take over their usual deliveries by Domino’s sugar and CSC sugar based in Fairless Hills PA, we need a great deal of new drivers urgently, even some of their drivers are applying because Foodliner pays better than any others.
I know most of you will not be interested but if by any chance you know any who might be let me know if you can and I will help them, the pay for a company driver is really good, the bonuses and other incentives are the best. Most jobs involve one weekend day every two weeks but if you are moving on either a Saturday or Sunday you get $100.00 on top of the daily rates.
I made over $80k last year and during my 11 years working have also taken over $60k out of the profit sharing scheme to pay for trips to England and buy some cars. It’s like driving for Tesco’s in the 90’s LOL.
Pass the word around :wink:

Good luck Pat. Wal Mart went in a ‘new direction’ i.e. they screwed the drivers and expected some to leave which they did but WM thought they could replace them by paying new drivers less money. But bugger me, offering people less money to work for them didn’t work as all the advertising and job fairs produced very few applicants. So they scrapped the lower pay idea but still no joy so they had another brain storm and called all the drivers that left and asked them if they’d like to come back. Nearly all said no like i did but i’m retired now. I’m guessing seeing as they had my phone number my info is still on file so they would know how old i am so they’re pretty desperate if they have to ask a seventy year old to come back to work.

I’ve talked to other Foodliner drivers and all praise the company. The money is certainly good but it seems like they work with the driver too which is rare with the mega carriers today so good luck on the driver search. Oh and don’t you get all the Ben&Jerry’s ice cream you can eat ? :laughing:

And Pat did not pay me to say that, it’s just my observation. ( to be fair i have been wrong before :open_mouth: )

How’s the whole licence thing work is my c+e valid over there or would I need to do tests ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You’d have to take a test for either a class B licence to drive a rigid or a class A to drive an artic and you have to pass a Department of Transportation physical for it to be valid.

newboy23:
How’s the whole licence thing work is my c+e valid over there or would I need to do tests ?

The most important thing is a work permit or green card, the licence is easy, the test is a short driving route and easy. The UK licence is not valid.

I should add that you wouldn’t actually have to live in NYC or Delaware, we have drivers who live anywhere in the north east USA on these contracts, myself as an example, I live 230 miles north of NYC and I mostly run the Ben & Jerry’s work because I live on the route.

I have U.S. nationality (as well as Belgian), so I could work over there, but I’d have to resit my driving licence. Oh yes…I’d like a Euro spec truck, as I can’t stand the idea of driving an American spec truck.

Pat Hasler:

Is this who you work for ?

newboy23:

Pat Hasler:

Is this who you work for ?

Yes, that’s why I posted them :slight_smile: