Mid life crisis!

Ripper82:
Thanks for the reply Trev. I didn’t think aviation would count for much just thought that maybe on a cv against another new driver might tip the edge on my side. I hear the value of trailers and goods can run into millions but towing an A380 with 400+ passengers can be a responsibility in itself. As I’m ploughing through research I’m starting to see that I could be walking into another back stabbing industry, I’m under no illusion it’s easy, in fact reading the (so you want to be a driver) thread nearly made me rethink. I’m seriously giving this a shot, i’ll never get this chance again financially so I’m doing both class 2 then 1 if i can just to open more possibilities. I’m single with no kids, most family is dead now so why the hell not eh :smiling_face:

I say go for it, I did, made the decision in December and by June I had my class 1 license, it was a big thing for me as I have a stable job, decent money and good hours but I’m not happy in the role anymore and the driving thing just wouldn’t go away, I’m not driving at the moment but have assessments with culina and Tesco coming up, and that’s with 0 class 1 or 2 experience so companies will give you a shot, go for it, regret the things you didn’t do, not the things you did.