Scania emissions

Old John:
Interesting about your fan issue.

The following was the recent sequence of events with my R480 (adblue)

For around a day and a half power came and went, every conceivable fault came up on the dash , then eventually died completely. In cab co-ordinator(ecu) was shot. The chap who fitted the new one told me it was most unusual, as they usually just drop dead, you stop the engine and it won’t start again. £1400 for parts and labour later and off we go merrily for a little while. The following day, engine management light came on, but no other warnings and no power loss. Called my man and gave him the fault codes, turned out to be the thermostatic hub on the cooling fan which was faulty. New fan required , but no rush as the fan defaults to being on all the time so no risk of overheating. No worries thinks me.
Two days later took truck for test, failed because the MIL light was on, apparently it’s a fail since 20th of May but this old hillbilly hadn’t read the small print. New fan fitted £ 800 later and we now have an MOT. Happy days!!
The following day, having been maneuvering in a yard, I set off back into the hills, got full power in low range (it’s a manual), then once in high range, it defaulted into limp home mode or worse.
After a bit of investigation, yours truly realised there was a problem with the reversing light switch and the rev lights were staying on. Disconnected the plug at the gearbox and off we go again with full effort from the engine. Hey ho, who needs rev lights anyway at this time of year, but wait, now having read the new MOT regs, if I get a pull and they’re not working, that’ll be a PG9 sir.
WTF is going on in this country?

All this on a well maintained five year old truck with 415000k from new.
Premium trucks? I think not.

I feel your pain… Sadly I think most manufacturers make a ‘friday afternoon’ job…