AA Recovery Patrol

Hi I have just passed a telephone interview and waiting for someone get back to me regarding recruitment day.

What sort of shift patterns do they have?
What potential earning is there on top of their £29,500 OTE?

What do you think of them?

I currently work in a recovery firm subcontracted to them.

Cheers

Two words GOOD LUCK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you top up your wages by annoying people at motorway services and sporting events?

A lot of the bonuses that used to be there have been cut back, there was a thread a month ago on a similar vein. Expect to be fairly busy, AA will only sub out work they cannot cover in house. Expect to be on Tacho all week mind, if you do the job for a small firm at present you may get away without using your card all week in the 60 mile zone.

njl:
A lot of the bonuses that used to be there have been cut back, there was a thread a month ago on a similar vein. Expect to be fairly busy, AA will only sub out work they cannot cover in house. Expect to be on Tacho all week mind, if you do the job for a small firm at present you may get away without using your card all week in the 60 mile zone.

Great cheers for your response… I was hoping i get a reply from someone who actually knows about the company lol.

Are you still there working for them mate?

No I left after all changes

Thank you for responding guys

So what we’re the shift patterns like? I also found out they are closing or closed the Leicestershire training centre?

I’m not commenting from the position of working for them, but I chat to some of theirs if they bring one in for storage or hand one over to them. I gather that the shifts change quite often and have varied start times.

TruckerYaser:

So what we’re the shift patterns like? I also found out they are closing or closed the Leicestershire training centre?

No they’re not closing it because I start my training there in a couple of weeks. You get booked into a hotel for two weeks. Was offered the job last week. Already got my employee number and just ordered uniform to be ready on first day of training. Its all done via email. Recruitment process was quite long, lot of waiting around for phone calls and emails, before a face to face interview with 3 managers. And then more checks and more wait. I was kinda looking forward to it but there’s been a change in circumstances (personal not professional) so don’t know yet. I can’t really tell you much about the actual job yet but if you want to ask about recruitment process just fire away.

ProudNewbie:

TruckerYaser:

No they’re not closing it because I start my training there in a couple of weeks. You get booked into a hotel for two weeks. Was offered the job last week. Already got my employee number and just ordered uniform to be ready on first day of training. Its all done via email. Recruitment process was quite long, lot of waiting around for phone calls and emails, before a face to face interview with 3 managers. And then more checks and more wait. I was kinda looking forward to it but there’s been a change in circumstances (personal not professional) so don’t know yet. I can’t really tell you much about the actual job yet but if you want to ask about recruitment process just fire away.

How long did it take you to get into the next stage of the recruitment process after the phone interview mate? Thank you

TruckerYaser:

ProudNewbie:

TruckerYaser:

How long did it take you to get into the next stage of the recruitment process after the phone interview mate? Thank you

About 4/5 weeks for the face to face interview. They call it recruitment day. Then another 2/3 weeks for the outcome of that day and then training at Leicestershire college, which is what I’m doing in couple of weeks. Ive also got a copy of 4 weekly rota which was given to me at the recruitment day as a guide only. I can send you a screenshot in pm

ProudNewbie:

TruckerYaser:

Yes they are closing it it was announced whilst I still worked there building is up for sale

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. … d-42640030

Dazeruk:

ProudNewbie:

TruckerYaser:

Yes they are closing it it was announced whilst I still worked there building is up for sale

They never mentioned anything about closing it in the interview or any follow up conversations I’ve had with them. Anyways I must be one of the last trainees there then.

ProudNewbie:

Dazeruk:

ProudNewbie:

TruckerYaser:

They never mentioned anything about closing it in the interview or any follow up conversations I’ve had with them. Anyways I must be one of the last trainees there then.

I had to wait around 2 months after my telephone interview for my recruitment day which just involved an interview with my manager and area manager. Had my interview on a Friday and was offered the job on the following Monday. Interview consists of general questions and a few competency based questions.

I had the choice of either Leicester which start date was in a week or so time or in august which is most likely going to be in oldbury. I chose oldbury as Its closer to me.

I started a thread on this topic around a month ago and got really good replies from people who had worked there. I made my mind up that the grass isn’t always greener but if you don’t try for yourself, you’re always left wondering and also, everyone has different experiences.

I’ve worked for a big company before in a different sector and one thing I’ve experienced is that things are always changing for the good and for the bad.

The shifts consists of early mornings (around 6am starts), afternoons (around 5ish) and then nights (around 7.30) I think I was told. From what I gather, you’ve got to be committed in order to succeed so weigh up the pros and cons and don’t do it half hearted before agreeing.

If i think of anything else, I’ll post but you can also ask questions

We’re they flexible for the date and time of interview… and did they ring you or was it all Email? Cheers

TruckerYaser:
We’re they flexible for the date and time of interview… and did they ring you or was it all Email? Cheers

The manager of the depot phoned me but I was just told it’s Friday they were conducting the interviews on so wasn’t given a choice of day but was given a choice of time.

I would also add (which I wasn’t aware at the time) that the higher wage which is advertised is only achievable when you pass your C+E license which the company will put you through after 6 months or so once they know you’re committed to the role.

They do point out several times in the interview that the role will impact social life so before you waste your time going, make sure this is something you’re ready for if successful. Like I said, everyone’s experiences are different from depot to depot so it’s good to get people’s feedback but ultimately it’s down to you to find out if it’s right for you.

Cheemap:

TruckerYaser:

The manager of the depot phoned me but I was just told it’s Friday they were conducting the interviews on so wasn’t given a choice of day but was given a choice of time.

I would also add (which I wasn’t aware at the time) that the higher wage which is advertised is only achievable when you pass your C+E license which the company will put you through after 6 months or so once they know you’re committed to the role.

They do point out several times in the interview that the role will impact social life so before you waste your time going, make sure this is something you’re ready for if successful. Like I said, everyone’s experiences are different from depot to depot so it’s good to get people’s feedback but ultimately it’s down to you to find out if it’s right for you.

That’s great thank you… I am currently in a recovery role with a local firm so social etc I’m used to it.

I am just worried if they are not flexible how can this fit around with my current job?

How long did it take to have a face to face interview?

I had my telephone interview with them in may phoned back after 2 weeks of hearing nothing and the girl told me it could take up to 6 months for a recruitment day to come up. She also said just phone back every week.

Key1:

I had my telephone interview with them in may phoned back after 2 weeks of hearing nothing and the girl told me it could take up to 6 months for a recruitment day to come up. She also said just phone back every week.

Still waiting mate

Key1:

Just be patient mate. I had my telephone interview in April (I think) and waited about 3 months until interview. I phoned up whilst waiting and I was also told to wait due to a big recruitment being carried out nationally.