Not Over The Moon At Being A Dad Again

I have a wonderful wife and (currently) 2 beautiful daughters.

We’ve just found out the wife is pregnant with a third, due early January.

Youngest daughter is 8 and The eldest starts secondary school next year.
I’m nearly 40, and we thought we were done with kids.

I really don’t know how to feel, part of me is pleased, but the other part is a bit sad/cross/upset.
To my mind, now was the time for us to enjoy our lives a bit. Have nice holidays, things like that.

I know I’ll probably be fine once it’s here, but has anyone else had or felt the same?

I’ve spoken to the wife about it, but she doesn’t really get it.

Same boat, although I’ve 4, one of which (daughter, 12) lives with the ex wife.

Eldest (son) at home is 6, then (daughter) 3, and finally (son) 18 months.

Wife is due Jan/Feb after we thought we’d finished.

Simple answer is, should have gone for the snip to stop any more kids…

When you say you thought you were done with kids, was that both of you…more you than her?

As mardybum says, there is only one way to be sure, otherwise there’s always going to be a chance of another one appearing.

However , it is what it is now and once ‘it’ comes along, you’ll no doubt fall in love with him/her and off you go again. You never really are in control of your life anyway, always something sidelines it, so it may as well be a good news sideline like this, rather than some of the bad news options.

Congratulations BTW.

Get snipped m8 ,it’s the best thing I’ve ever done :laughing: ,Iam 41 my kids are 18 & 20 and I think it’s them that gave me the drive to work like a mad man but recently my interest in working hard is dwindling ,not sure I’d like to do all again .

I did the work like a maniac thing in my 20s and 30s and eased off a bit in my 40s, virtually horizontal now… I think it is a lot to do with age as well. Sorry Dan!

albion:
I did the work like a maniac thing in my 20s and 30s and eased off a bit in my 40s, virtually horizontal now… I think it is a lot to do with age as well. Sorry Dan!

Yes ,I’ve got all this energy in my head and had the lead taken out me pencil just can’t get the energy to use it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Get snipped m8 ,it’s the best thing I’ve ever done :laughing: ,Iam 41 my kids are 18 & 20 and I think it’s them that gave me the drive to work like a mad man but recently my interest in working hard is dwindling ,not sure I’d like to do all again .

41 just a young whippersnapper then y kids are 30 & 29 two grandkids 4 & 3 but made sure I couldn’t have any more after 2nd was born

My head says I am 20 but body says different

So, as a bit of an update to this.
Last weekend, I went to the pub with my best mate and his missus.
He had to dive off a collect his stepdaughter, and was gone about half an hour, anyway, talked to his missus about how I was feeling and just generally had a bit of a moan and a rant, to which she just sat and listened.

Afterward I felt tonnes better and have now got my head around the situation and I feel much better, even happy about the new arrival.

I know some people see talking about problems as a bit ‘wet’ me among them, but sometimes it really is good to get things off your chest.