UK DCPC valid in EU?

milodon:
Why would you do it in the UK then?

First, thanks for the info. Appreciated :slight_smile:

Second…I´ll try and keep this short…
(Bear in mind I have a Class 2 from 1979, but I let the medical expire and moved on to other things)

Moved out to Spain in 2005.
Had a Mrs, and a daughter 8 yrs old.
Worked as pro musicians for a year, had a couple of houses built,
Mrs decided to eff off, leaving me with daughter (No problems with that at all :smiley: )
Worked as solo guitar singer for a while. Great money. 1200 a week, every week, no probs.

8 years back the crunch really started to bite. Musicians/entertainers are very much a luxury item, and as such the first to be binned.
Work gradually died away.

Skint, moved back to UK.
Living in my Sis´house.

Job centre suggests I do a CPC, I agree. He heheh, they suggested I do a NVQ L1 in Health & Social Care as well. I did it, yeah, I did.

Was just having a general info chat with the boss of the course, which was mainly aimed at prospective bus drivers, mentioned my HGV 2 from years ago, she says" You can get that back, all you need is a medical, which we provide. Oh, and we do you a CPC as well"
After I got up off the floor I started to plan me return to Spain, as a driver.
I aim to work for while here, UK, then visit Mr SMythe for a CE. And them I am a dot!

Hence my recent posts about going back there and what do I need to do to be able to drive, professionally, out there.

Sorry for going on a bit, boring I know.
But that´s me background for wanting advice on … I dunno…trucking in general…and Spain as a focus :slight_smile: