ADR France

Any help would be greatly appreciate! I have to go from Spain to Belgium tomorrow and the next day. ADR restrictions around Paris I am sure there is some, it’s been a long time since I was in Europe and I can’t find anything on the internet. The trailer is a tank in case it’s needed. Greatly appreciated any reply’s thanks.

Remember speed limits 70 k and 80 k . Keep your distances . Use the N104 (Francilienne) to get around Paris .
You don’t give much details with respect of class being carried so its hard to give more feedback for your planned route.

It’s Co2 in a tank, 2187 number. I am planning on using the 104 but not sure about restrictions through tunnels. Thanks

This is mine . Tunnel code B . The N104 has no tunnels . Lyon will have obligatory deviation for hazardous. Depends on your route

Thanks, I am coming up from Bilbao, Bordeaux and up I assume?

Depends on the stipulated route from the security aspect/ client and if your company are penny pinchers.
Make sure the plates and panels are correct and the fire extinguisher dates are correct .
Watch the speed limits and distances from vehicles and don’t rush.
Enjoy

johnny142:
It’s Co2 in a tank, 2187 number. I am planning on using the 104 but not sure about restrictions through tunnels. Thanks

Hi johnny142,

Correctly written, you’re carrying:

UN 2187 CARBON DIOXIDE, REFRIGERATED LIQUID, 2.2 (C/E)

The ADR tunnel restriction code for your tanker is “C”

Dave’s ADR tunnel code tip:

When there are two letters given (C/E in this case) the first one relates to carriage in tanks.
(In this case, the “E” is irrelevant because it relates to ‘other carriage’.)

The “C” means that you can go through tunnels of Categories “A” (unsigned) or “B” only.
You cannot go through tunnels of “C” or “D” or “E”

I hope this helps. :smiley:

Thanks Dave . I hoped you would be along to ensure perfection. Should be on the shippers documentation and the carrier should know in advance and therefore the driver.

Thank you very much for your help. Never done ADR work to Europe before Thursday night! Bit of a sink or swim, lot to take on board, weekend breaks are different from general haulage etc. Lots of diversions for ADR. Thanks again.

johnny142:
Thank you very much for your help. Never done ADR work to Europe before Thursday night! Bit of a sink or swim, lot to take on board, weekend breaks are different from general haulage etc. Lots of diversions for ADR. Thanks again.

Hi johnny142,

Yes, Euroland can be quite daunting so I’m glad that I was able to give you something of an answer.

I was going to write that France has some extra rules, but I’d be a bit out of my depth if I tried to explain any extra applicable rules because I haven’t been there in a truck since 1992.

I hope it goes well for you, and please keep us posted. :smiley:

Yes I will, hopefully it’s only good news! The French like to fine!

So do the red caps .horror stories a plenty over the years .make sure you have everything spot on.You say this is your first European Adr …Bilbao to Belgium then back to Castellon. Good luck.