The classic 12-metre tandem spread-axle tilt

Further to the above, Hans Witte had this to say:

You are right, these classic 12 metre wide spread tilt trailers are a joy to look at.
They also feel so balanced behind the time period tractors.

When observing them, even more when on the move, they seem to live their own live and have their own character.
Well up to the job and offering the haulier the best payload to gross weight and economics too.

I always get the same feeling with the heavy three axle drawbar trailers.
In the beginning of my driving career I had the pleasure to drive a Scania LB 110 Super from a good friend of mine, who let me drive during a week I went with him.
It was a very early 110, with two gear sticks and an open exhaust 0hhh …), pulling a DAF 3-axle drawbar.
Fully loaded with potatoes, you could really feel that drawbar pulling at the coupling, every moment he would let you know that he was still there!
In the mirrors you could see it slowly swinging a bit, one moment in the left mirror, the other moment he showed you the sheetet corner in the other mirror.
What a joy and what a memory.
Happy days …

This is accompanied by the following pictures and cuttings, including examples from DAF (who started out building trailers - the F stands for Floor) and Groenewegen. Hover mouse over pics to read captions. Robert