Would you consider living on a narrowboat?

Harry Monk:

manalishi:
All good stuff here.Yes the Tim n Pru effect,this should keep it expensive for the future,god i loathe television.Just wondering Harry if you’ve travelled the Avon Kennet route? does it connect with canals heading north,or would there be a spot of river work involved.I remember my late dad telling me of a trip he made as a youth around the Worsley coal mining regions,said it was paradoxically as scenic as the Dordogne region of France :astonished:

I’ve not done the K&A, maybe next year. It is partly canal, partly river and it connects with the Thames at its eastern end, so it’s possible to navigate from Bristol and Bath to Lancaster, Selby, Skipton etc. It’s not unusual for canals to use river sections for part of their length, I’ll be on the rivers Trent and Soar later this week.

Cheers for that Harry,i imagine the K&A has stupendous scenic potential,ditto the Cotswolds region that’s currently undergoing restoration work. Happy cruising if that’s the accepted parlance in narrowboat circles. :smiley: