Jobs In Canada

If you want to do flatbed, then Searcy Trucking is the place to go, it used to be a dead man’s boots job, but lots of the old crew have retired and since the buyout by Bison, they’ve expanded so need drivers, they came to the UK for the last job expo thing. There’s a few Brits on there, good lads too, they have nearly all bought their own trucks and stayed at Searcy, it would be my number one choice if I was starting out again. You’ll be based in Winnipeg and there’s plenty of affordable housing around that area.

The other flatbed job is Edge in Saskatoon, part of the Siemens group, I have heard horror stories, but to be fair, the story tellers would struggle to get laid in a whorehouse, so worth considering, Saskatoon is a decent city too, a little less conservative than Winnipeg.

Stay out of the maritime provinces, nice places to live, but the wages are mostly crap and the majority of the work is down the eastern seaboard then to Toronto and back to the maritimes, unless you like sitting in traffic and waiting around (unpaid) for reloads, someone will probably come along and argue that, but that’s basically what you’ll get out there.

Ontario has no PNP, so that’s out and Alberta is home to the very worst of the companies that import drivers, so best avoided, BC I don’t know about PNP, but unless you can afford a million dollar property, you’ll end up in a trailer park in the middle of nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk