Bit of advice?

Concretejim:
Jesus christ. He was asking about a run to paris not bloody china in a day cabbed daf.

You all make “europe” sound like the promised land.

I learnt to drive trucks in austria and ended up starting my first job in arctics on a trip to jerez.

I like to think im pretty switched on, i asked lots and lots of questions and researched lots and got on just fine.

Cut the guy some slack, plenty agency guys driving round europe.

Agreed, might have been different 40 years ago, when there were loads of paperwork and Customs procedures that could trip up an inexperienced driver at the borders and fewer motorways, but now it’s pretty straight forward, with a bit of advice and pre-planning.

I’ve known many people who’ve done their first Euro trip on their own, I’ve done many a crip sheet for new drivers for various race teams, I think they found it helpful, but once they were on their way it was up to them, although they did have my phone number if needed.

I did my first trip on my own, I asked loads of questions and made a few minor errors, such as not using one of the slow vehicle lanes going up a hill in France, but fortunately one of the local French drivers explained the error of my way by coming past me in the slow vehicle lane while sound his air horns and waving at me, what a lovely helpful chap. :laughing: