Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Leyland600:
Hi Kev, the Newcastle Corporation Regent III with Northern Coachbuilders, Eastern Coachworks lookalike body and Paul’s Regent III ex South Shields fire engine have been on the rally scene since the mid 1970s, I remember attending the Dunbar Rally circa 1978 when the parking area above the harbour was flooded overnight due to a cloud burst, the rally organiser was in a panic when Paul arrived with his crew calmly laying out their hoses and pumping the area dry in a few minutes much to the relief of the organising committee. The local fire chief was miffed, he reckoned they should have done the job and charged for it. Tough Eh! The South Shields Daimler CVG 6 with C.H. Roe body has also been around for many years. Attached is a photo (Brunswick Green & Grey middle coach) of my AEC Reliance, / Plaxton Consort body KBV 778 originally new to Batty Holt Ribblesdale in 1958 then to Chiltern Queens of Woodcote Oxfordshire. I bought it in 1982 and seen here at Gypsies Green circa 1982/3 taking part in the Tyne Tees Rally. Wilkinsons of Sedgefield Leyland Royal Tiger in the forgeround. Also attached a photo by professional photographer Tim Richardson of ex Weardale Motor Services Leyland Leopard / Plaxton Elite after I bought it from Leon Maude of Barnard Castle in 1986 as a back up coach for my Tower Coaches company seen here on the Tyne Tees Rally 1987.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Thanks Gerald, great info! I was fortunate enough to have driven the Merryweather, Paul needed a driver for the Tyne Tees many years ago I was the lucky one!!! It drives very well.
Regards Kev.