The old green bus

What happened to that driver, who bought a bus, and parked it where he could and trotted off to work, then moved on to another site…a great life, dont know if he ever finished the bus, or if he sold it, anyone know ■■

truckyboy:
What happened to that driver, who bought a bus, and parked it where he could and trotted off to work, then moved on to another site…a great life, dont know if he ever finished the bus, or if he sold it, anyone know ■■

I remember that, he led an interesting life, wasn’t he from Leeds area and drove a Foden with Hiab before the bus [emoji590]

Yes mate…havnt heart for a while, would be interesting to have a catch up…

His username was marlow and unfortunately he hasn’t posted here since 2016.

It seems most of his pictures can no longer be seen on this board, presumably they’ve been moved, but the Update on life on the bus (with pics) topic seems to still be complete.

You can see more of his pictures on his at flickr.com/photos/marlow67/

He was asked about the bus while he was here, and for reasons I can’t remember he had sold it.

F2873240-0B9E-424A-A109-AE4375CF4DA8.jpeg
His real name was Phil, and his dream is now dead…more like a nightmare.

Nice bloke, I met him as he was parked up near whitemoor prison in Wisbech, I stopped for a break and he was parked there, gave me a tour of the bus etc…
Obviously the life he wanted to lead didn’t quite work out then?

IIRC Hedingham were the last operator with Bristol VRs in regular use, with the final one withdrawn two or three years ago. It is a shame to see the vehicle in its current state - fit really only for parts breaking with all the internals ripped out; although hopefully it does end up as a donor vehicle rather than being weighed in for scrap. Unfortunately well intentioned people and the publicity department of companies view old buses as easy conversions to mobile homes, exhibition units, bars and resturants etc. At the same time they make the return to being a bus uneconomic in relation to the vehicle’s value; even if the missing parts can be found. Many spend a considerable amount of money on the conversion, usually partly financed by scrapping all the seat frames etc. In the process so many cover up the only access panels to vital mechanical parts or wiring, this sometimes leading the the vehicle’s demise. Some time after their project is finished or often part way through, the reality and expense of running a vehicle of this size sinks in. The vehicle usually would be practically worn out before they acquired it with vital parts also scarce - which is why it was for sale and why they could afford to buy it.

His last post about the bus was this. I presume at this stage the bus was still in habitable condition.

Re: Bus pic’s from my trip up north for Xmas.
Postby marlow » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi Harry, hope your keeping well. I sold the bus last year and moved back up to Yorkshire.

Wasn’t there a similar bloke (or the same bloke) living in a bus near Retford?

Slightly off topic, does anyone know what the old double decker is for, next to the N/B holding area on down at the Dartford crossing.

peirre:
Slightly off topic, does anyone know what the old double decker is for, next to the N/B holding area on down at the Dartford crossing.

viewtopic.php?t=130834&p=2046425

peirre:
Wasn’t there a similar bloke (or the same bloke) living in a bus near Retford?

It’s where Mr Vosa sits watching trucks a few miles up the road & deciding who to hook off & inspect

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:
His last post about the bus was this. I presume at this stage the bus was still in habitable condition.

Re: Bus pic’s from my trip up north for Xmas.
Postby marlow » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi Harry, hope your keeping well. I sold the bus last year and moved back up to Yorkshire.

I seem to remember he was a bit like a sailor, a port in every town [emoji14]