Volvo F10,F12,F16

The TN team were sent this rather nice piece last week. It seems appropriate to share it on this thread. Perhaps someone can furnish us with a picture (or two) to go with the letter. The writer mentions the Older wagons still earning their corn thread, so here’s the link to that:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=88799&hilit=corn

Robert

Hi there, I’m not a member but I just wanted to bring this to you attention and maybe you would feel it worthy of a post/update if possible.
I work for a aircraft company based near Salisbury and I saw Ian Lawson today who is a lovely, kind man who is a pleasure to work with and is still driving his 1979 Volvo F12 (previously posted about by ainacs on ‘Older wagon still earning their corn’).
His company is based in Southampton and we try and employ him for all our logistical needs. and his truck is currently on 4.6million miles and still going strong. In fact it’s last annual truck service (DOT inspection?) only failed on headlight alignment!
Ian said how an employee for Volvo spotted the truck and took a photo before running it through Volvo’s database to track Ian down hoping to write an article on him and the truck as a testament to Volvo and Mr Lawson.
I hope you find this as impressive as I have and if you feel it worthy enough to post on trucknetuk that your members enjoy it too.
Kind regards,

Laurie Bennett