J&R Adams Newcastle

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:
This was the last 8 wheeler to be in the Adams Fleet, The 6 wheelers running at 24 TGW Replaced them in 1964 B reg,s Regards Larry.0

Now then Larry can we do some date reckoning here as IIRC the AEC Marshal 6 wheeler was only rated at 22ton GVW in the late 60’s early 70’s, I will own up to not recalling as to when 6 wheelers went to 24 ton GVW but it sure wasn’t in 1964 ! Howay noo! lets have the answer ? Hope you have had a great day, we have, belting weather 'ower this side ! Cheers Dennis.

I stand corrected there Dennis, But running at 22 TGW They were carrying the same payload as the old 8 leggers & cheaper road tax of course, IIC The 24 TGW Came about when the Ergo cabbed ones came onto the scene, Ive had a good day cut the lawns & had a few drams, With my good Ladys approval of course, Regards Larry.

Well Larry the Ergos on the “E” reg 66/67 were still running at 22ton but as you say they could load 15 ton payload the same as an 8 wheeler. A firm near me in Milnthorpe K. Fell & Co. ran some out of Libby’s, they were single drives and had the 505 engine. Didn’t AEC’s bring out a Mammoth Minor using the 505 engine at 24 ton GVW. Cheers Dennis.