Bit of advice?

Harry Monk:

sammym:
My satnav does europe. But I’ve set it to avoid tolls in the UK - been told that I should switch that off when not on the mainland.

You are RobK and I claim my £5. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whether he’s RobK or Colly Kibber maybe we should “Rock” and go with the flow of Eu virgin thread? Sat “beside a vineyard” here I’ve an idle pair of thumbs for a moment.

Vehicle: should be 4.0metres max. Fridges need conformity marks and other certs I think? Should have toll bleeper but if not you need company cards for tolls as well as fuel. Check all docs including your contract of employment. (As agency good luck with that. It must be possible but I’ve not done it myself). Insurance, V5, letter from registered owner giving you (by name) permission to drive it Passport of course, licence etc. EHIC is good idea too.
Apart from sleeping bag, how about a towel, toothbrush, spare socks ‘n’ knickers?
Phone? Doesn’t your contract offer free EU roaming? Thought that was law now?
Cooker? Take one but try to get some nights in a Resto Routier. Don’t want to turn into a crusty hermit festering away in your tin box on the first trip!
Satnavs can give some very peculiar routes so choose a route yourself on a map then see how different the satnav suggestion is. There may a good reason for the satnav route there may not.
You will not be going into “Central Paris”, I’m 99.9999% sure. If you do, get your credit card ready! Coming from Dover you’ll miss the Sunday eve/Mon morn Paris restrictions I think.
Use peages all you want at first. More and more nationals have weight limits and restrictions on them. Nationals are often good roads, but one step at a time!
Parking, food etc are generally better than UK but busy motorways do fill up.

Do Not Park Overnight Near Calais, or other ports for that matter. Even if you have a fridge at minus 30 they will still be in the pallet box on the axles etc etc.

Loads more than that to the job, but the Mayor’s daughter should be here soon with fresh coffee and croissants.
Edit: She was asking after Toby, so I said he was still the same.
[emoji6]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk