Jobs In Canada

In certain parts of Canada, it is work, work, work. No doubt about that, not just in trucking either, it’s like everyone wants to be the boss’s favourite and they do that by sucking up big time. At Paul Brandt Trucking, I was asked by the safety director of I wanted to donate towards a Christmas present to the owners, I asked how much bonus we got, was told there was no Christmas bonus and answered that there would be no donation from me then. The rest of them all coughed up though.

All i did there was my job, no sucking up at all, i made them aware of what i was and wasn’t prepared to do and it was never a problem, on the contrary, i was very well looked after and despite being a bit militant, i never had to have words with the office. They did expect a little too much at times, but they never tried it on with me as there were plenty of ■■■■ ups waiting in the wings ready to impress.

Firms like that are few and far between though, even for owner operators, I’ve been considering a move to another part of Canada and did a bit of research in case I had to move companies too (which I don’t thankfully) I’ve found a lot of firms have a policy in place that require you to notify them of any time you want at home, days or weeks in advance and you must complete a specific number of days on the road each month.

It’s all or nothing at most firms, if you want to earn money they will give you all the miles you can handle, but if you want to take reasonable time off, you’ll get punished with low miles and therefore crap wages. This is not the place to come to if you want a 40hr week.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk