Is HGV/LGV driving worth it?

seeker019:
Bit of a stupid queston i Know, But

Is HGV/LGV driving actually worth It?

Tough question to answer for somebody else. For me getting and HGV licence has been worth it.
I might have been able to earn more money doing something different, I’ve got freinds with similar backgrounds and qualifications to me who earn a great deal more. But they also deal with loads of big company [zb] which I don’t get, I’m left to do my own thing, I know what’s expected of me and get it done, so nobody really gives me loads of hassle. :smiley:
I’m also the envy of many of them because my job envolves working with a motor racing team and travelling round to all the European GP’s, Off to Budapest tommorow and was at the Nurburgring last w/e so another w/e away is a bit of a downside. :frowning:
But I had no idea getting my licence would lead to this when I passed my test all those years ago and in between I’ve driven some rough old trucks and rough old work.
I’ve also work for some good bosses who treated you fairly even if the work wasn’t the most glamerous and they didn’t operate the latest top of the range motor.
On a final point I’ve tried to leave haulage and ended up missing driving a truck, so went back into it, until the motorsport thing turned up.

Basically the jobs right for me and the reason for that has very little to do with pay and hours worked.
I don’t know if it’s right for you, or whether you’d be happier driving regular shifts for a supermarket or happier tramping for a small haulier. Only you can find that out by giving it a go.