Cat C+E Booked with Peter Smyths

MinkyMike:

sammym:
About 3 minutes walk away is a large and quite nice weatherspoons, it’s also cheap. Think you will have earned a beer and burger tonight.

Hehe thanks mate sounds like a plan, going to have a strole around there, as for training I feel it went really well, better then I expected, Chris is a real sound bloke, said just a few things like going a bit slower towards round abouts and approaching junctions. The reverse I managed to do, few more practices and I hope to have nailed it, the couple and uncouple seemed fairly straightforward. See what tomorrow brings.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If you can do the reverse the rest is simply taking whatever Chris says as gospel. The man really knows his stuff.

Best advice he gave me wasL: ‘if you are not sure how much room to take then take as much as you can*’ I got knocked by the examiner for taking more lanes than needed sometimes. But I’d have failed instantly if I’d make the mistake once of not taking enough.

*his exact words might be different. But it’s the general gist of it.

Also… if you are used to driving for ‘work’ junctions and corners will feel slow. But Chirs know his stuff. And the examiner will want you going at those speeds. Also it gives you enough time to work stuff out.

In the real world in an artic I still take corners slowly. Much more slowly than a rigid. As cocking it up is a massive drama. The plus side is that an artic is far better to drive going forwards… And you will not want to drive a rigid after a few shifts.

Enjoy the training and keep us updated.