Starting out on my own?.....or not?

Megaspacedout1:
My take on it.

Started doing ferry trailers last year. No trailer hire to worry about. I clear after fuel on average £1500 per week based on 5 days, could work a Saturday if I wanted. Most I’ve done in a week after fuel is £2k., least I’ve earned is £1.2k in a week. Thing is with Ferry trailers weights are completely mixed, some trips are 3-4 tonnes and maybe run back empty. I run a 10grand Scania bought and paid for which is great on fuel. Today’s run down to London and back, now parked up and computer is showing over 11mpg. Today’s run has cleared me over £300 for the day! Take an average month and I’m clearing 5-6k excluding maintenance. Don’t get me wrong, things go wrong and I’ve spent a small fortune in repairs but I’ve paid for it out of my profits and still have a growing surplus pot.
Too much negativity surrounding being an owner driver. I have been on this forum for over 10 years and have read every post regarding setting up prior to me giving it a go.
My advice to anyone is give it a go, it works for me.
Important factor in all this is fuel consumption. Pick a motor with good fuel economy. You cannot change the rates payable but you do have influence over your costs!!!

Three things.

1. When you say today has cleared you £300, do you mean profit after standing costs and diesel, or just that you’ve used £200 in diesel and the run paid £500?

2. Are you not concerned about LEZ, ULEZ and Leeds, Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield et. al.'s Clean Air Zone?

3. What is a bloke who goes by the name Megaspacedout1 doing driving a Scania?