Different types of immigrants

Pat Hasler:
Everywhere I go I hear abusive or nasty remarks about various immigrants from countries all over the world but find that having an English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh accent brings friendly comments and a lot of questions about my origins
This week I arrived at a customer I have visited in the past many times but it has been about 6 months since my last delivery. I had a 7.00am delivery and pulled up at the gate to press the intercom, I waited for about 5 minutes because I know how irritable the lady in the office can be from hearing her shout at divers sometimes, I pressed the button a second time before she snapped “Yes, do you have a delivery or pick up ?”
“I have a molasses delivery for you” I said, I probably sounded muffled.
“You don’t have an appointment, you will have to reschedule it for tomorrow, call your dispatcher” she snapped.
“Oh right, it say’s 07.00 on my computer”
“Oh wait ! … Is that you Patrick ? You can come in, give us a few minutes to move some vehicles”
I drove into the compound and saw a few cars being moved, I backed on the scales and went in the office, “I am so sorry Patrick, I appologise for my rude comments, would you like a coffee ?”
This is an example of how liked British drivers are here, if I were Mexican or Asian there would have been a different response. It’s not just at this place I get the reaction, at most customers me and the other British driver get the same reaction, so much curiosity about the UK and ‘Do you know my aunt?’ questions LOL

Are you sure that wasn’t because she knows you have your company CEO on speed dial?