Minimum requirements!

dieseldave:

Rob range:
Hi… I just wanted to know what are the minimum requirements for equipment on the truck when you are ADR carrying class 3 ( flammable liquids) for example warning triangles fire extinguishers etc etc…

Hi,

I’m not quite sure what you mean here… “when you are ADR” because there a bit more to it than that.

The key questions are:

Are you the owner of the vehicle, or are you an employed driver? (It might not be your problem)
What is it that needs to be moved? (UN number, PSN, Class and Packing Group)
How is it packaged? (size/type)
How much of it will be carried in total? (Litres)
Is it a delivery from “A” to “B” as a job and delivery paperwork to be signed?
Is the proposed movement covered by an exemption or Special Provision?
(Substance-specific… method of packaging, type of vehicle, type of operation etc)

As a rough rule of thumb, if an ADR licence is required, then the questions about training get raised exactly as already said by other posters above.

At the same point, the company also (usually) needs a properly qualified DGSA.

:bulb: Sorry mate, but nobody can give you a good answer from the very sparse info you’ve given so far. :smiley:

You’ve mentioned equipment, but have you also considered vehicle markings and documentation?

Hi thanks for the reply much appreciated …

I was thinking more along the terms of the fuel tankers that you see tipping at the garages … and was just wondering what they need to carry in the cab with them over the normal general haulage drivers …which was required by law … equipment wise more than documentation … I hope that helps a little …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk