Guy

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

Bewick:
As the saying go’s Lads “Hope springs eternal” !! Those Big J’s of SOM were built before the 8LXB engine was launched ! Good try but “No Cigar” :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.

Not being one to query Mr Smith but didn’t the 240 come out in 1973? I recall having a lift in an Atki Borderer of the Golightly Group from Co. Durham and it was on an “L” plate with an 8-pot Gardner and driver was well chuffed.
Best go away like… :laughing:

Now you can query my drivel anytime Mr. Webb :blush: IIRC the first 8LXB’s appeared on the K Plates late '71 or very early '72 after the truck shows and then generally appearing on the “L” plate in late '72. IIRC there is a shot or two on an earlier thread of a Kinneil Transport 8 LXB K reg “A” Series which the Lad who posted it claims it to have been the first one sold in Scotland which would have been supplied by James Bowen Ltd. who were ERF distributors for all of Scotland at that time. Cheers Dennis.

That’s right Dennis this is my Dad and this is the “A” Series which was on the ERF stand at the 1972 Kelvin Hall Motor Show
Cheers Gary