F this, F that - drivers and swearing

RB84:

sammym:
Comparing Truck Drivers and Doctors is like comparing Steet Sweepers with Astronauts. They are not on the same level - and anyone who thinks they are is living in cloud cuckoo land.

There is nothing wrong with being a truck driver. But it’s comparable with being a bricklayer in a building site. You are not going to get the finest or best in society doing it as a career. It’s semi-skilled labor at best - and is done primarily by people capable of nothing more.

But that “semi skilled” Brickie, capable of nothing more, could actually be earning more than a Doctor!
If a driver or anyone doing a trade really has been doing it long enough they will or should have picked up skills and on the job knowledge that is invaluable and would hopefully always be useful.
A Doctor can unclog your bum but I bet they wouldn’t want to unclog your chimney. Just because someone appears to have a lower skill set it doesn’t mean they’re not capable of earning as much if they’re in demand.

I agree. That many jobs which are deemed lower skilled can earn great money. However truck driving is not one of them, and never will be. It’s too easy to get the qualifications. People like myself can do it easily whilst having other full-time commitments.

I wasn’t actually interested in how much people earned though. I was more startled at the idea of comparing Doctors and truck drivers relative levels of professionalism. Most truck drivers find it a struggle to put on clean clothes and not smell. Look at the sort of threads you have on here… Then go onto a medical forum! You won’t find them insulting each other and taking delight when a colleague makes a mistake. Nor will you find the petty-mindedness of X company/hospital is rubbish and I’d never work for them. RobK used the phrase 'Knuckle Draggers" and he’s right…