I’m curious......

norb:

Juddian:
I requested a manual, no longer an option apparently.

However the new generation of auto gearboxes have been much improved, i’m yet to try the latest ZF autobox but those i speak to rate it highly.

Glad for you that you have a boss who tries to please and retain his staff (wise man that), another small haulier whose drivers i speak to regularly also tries his best to get manuals if the driver due a new lorry requests one, some makes this is no longer possible of course.

The new TRAXTON does seem to be a good box ,the internals are basically the same as it predecessor ,they just seemed to have done wonders with the software ,and I remember it isn’t air operated ,And in DAF it is a push rather than a pull clutch which should help along with prolonging the life of the release bearing

If i get one it will be in a MAN.

However, i have no problem at all with the internals of the previous version, because much as i might hate the bloody thing there is no knocking its reliability.
I came to quite like the previous version in MANs because once you got the hang of manual shifting it was quite ok.