Night Trunking - anything I need to know?

adam277:
Two days in… Hate it so far. I think time would pass quicker if I was watching paint dry.

Maybe I need to find a way for Google maps not to show the eta, clock or miles left because that’s all I look at. May need to mess with the truck clock as well so I can’t cheat. Suppose masking tape would work. :laughing:

Another annoying thing is there are a load of small things I can do to shave time off but I’m the only night driver who can speak English so I can’t really ask the other drivers for tips…
One question I have is can I take my card out for my 30 min break? I wanna take my card out as soon as I get to the depot that way I can. drive round to my trailer and hook up ready to go once the mins is up.

Do.you really think posting on an open forum that you want to work on your break is a good idea?

I don’t know if there is legally an issue removing your card but I was always told not to as it looks dodgy, I wonder why…

If you were to do the above remember that the truck will record that its been driven without a card and depending on size of depot the odometer may change which makes it even more obvious. I wonder if it would also be classed as creating a false record rather than infringement which would be far more serious