Unofficial steering during reverse

Yo, so let’s make it short and sweet. I have C+E test tomorrow at Leighton Buzzard. Can I palm the wheel/cross hands etc during the reverse so that I can more easily adjust the steering?
The examiner won’t be in the cab with me so will he be assessing me on whether or not I steer properly? I am aware that, of course, he will be judging me for that whilst on the road.

cheers

YES you can. You would need the speed of superman to feed the wheel for the initial locks of the wheel. I’m on my C&E Training just now and that’s the way that we are being taught. Good luck with your test tomorrow, I have mine on Friday
Cheers Paul

NPABU:
YES you can. You would need the speed of superman to feed the wheel for the initial locks of the wheel. I’m on my C&E Training just now and that’s the way that we are being taught. Good luck with your test tomorrow, I have mine on Friday
Cheers Paul

Haha very true! As long as it is alright, which you seem to be confident that it is, then it makes me feel better; I’m already extremely nervous for my test tomorrow!

Good luck with yours on Friday, Paul.

Just run it past your instructor, up here in Glasgow it’s allowed so I don’t see it being any different as it’s still the same people governing it
Paul

Doing very low speed you can control the wheel as you like AS LONG AS THE VEHICLE IS UNDER CONTROL

ROG:
Doing very low speed you can control the wheel as you like AS LONG AS THE VEHICLE IS UNDER CONTROL

True, I was steering using my knees as I had a phone in one hand and ipad in the other, examiner didn’t say anything.

Never passed though :frowning:

Yes you can. Had my test last Friday (and passed), you can cross arms, spin the wheel with one hand etc etc. Take seat belt off as well, lot easier. Examiner is not interested in that. So long as you revert to correct steering method when you go out on the road! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adt1967:
Yes you can. Had my test last Friday (and passed), you can cross arms, spin the wheel with one hand etc etc. Take seat belt off as well, lot easier. Examiner is not interested in that. So long as you revert to correct steering method when you go out on the road! Good luck.

Well done on passing your test,
Cheers Paul

adt1967:
Yes you can. Had my test last Friday (and passed),

C or CE :question:

NPABU:

adt1967:

Cheers Paul

Many thanks

ROG:

adt1967:

CE

NPABU:

adt1967:

Cheers Paul

Many thanks

adt1967:

ROG:

adt1967:

CE

Well I had my test today and, whilst the reverse and coupling exercise went well, the road section not so good. I would’ve passed if it weren’t for a cyclist stopping in front of me at the wrong time! I was stuck behind him and he stopped to let me past just as I check my right mirror so I didn’t see him stop initially. I didn’t get dangerously close to him but the examiner didn’t like it, so failed me.

Oh well, a bit more money and time later and hopefully I’ll get there

jordon1703:
Well I had my test today and, whilst the reverse and coupling exercise went well, the road section not so good. I would’ve passed if it weren’t for a cyclist stopping in front of me at the wrong time! I was stuck behind him and he stopped to let me past just as I check my right mirror so I didn’t see him stop initially. I didn’t get dangerously close to him but the examiner didn’t like it, so failed me.

Oh well, a bit more money and time later and hopefully I’ll get there

Sorry to hear that, keep your chin up and get back into it I’m sure you will use this experience to over come the next test
Cheers Paul