F this, F that - drivers and swearing

Harry Monk:

wanderingstar:
I’ve been driving for about a year and I am surprised they don’t actually write the ability and willingness to swear without ceasing into the job description as with almost every trucker I encounter, it’s every other word. It’s not even creative swearing, just continual staccato F-wording. Even the driver in my yard who is a vegetarian Guardian reader concerned about world issues and is a bit of a thinker, is the same.

Depressing, isn’t it? And then there are some who say that truck drivers should be treated as “professionals”.

It’s hard to imagine a true professional, such as a doctor, saying " This [zb] bloke came into my [zb] surgery the other day, and [zb] me his [zb] blood pressure was off of the [zb] scale".

I agree 100% Harry, it is derpressing and most of the time there is no need for it. We all have a swear when we get angry or frustrated but swearing in every sentence is just plain ignorant especially when there are strangers (woman and children esp.) about most of whom do not want to hear foul langauge. It’s just another reason for the general public to think we are none too bright.