F this, F that - drivers and swearing

wanderingstar:
I’ve been driving for about a year and I am surprised they don’t actually write the ability and willingness to swear without ceasing into the job description as with almost every trucker I encounter, it’s every other word. It’s not even creative swearing, just continual staccato F-wording. Even the driver in my yard who is a vegetarian Guardian reader concerned about world issues and is a bit of a thinker, is the same.

I’m not against swearing and do it myself, but the incessant nature of it in trucking I find really grating and boring and it makes me think of a friend who said people who do this all the time only do it as they don’t have a better vocabulary.

Has anyone else noticed this and found it grating, or is it just so much a part of the background noise you don’t hear it anymore?

I think you’re exaggearating mate that ‘‘Almost Every’’ trucker it’s ‘‘Every Other’’ word, I swear a bit myself, but certainly not ‘every other word’.
If literally ‘‘Every other’’ word is f.this f.that, yeh, it does get a bit tedious sometimes, but it doesn’t ‘‘offend’’ me and why (tf :smiley: ) would it?

I aint to keen if sat in a crowded bar or whatever among families with young kids, when the guy swearing is particularly gobby, but that’s down to him, he gets the dirty looks not me.

You always get swearing in nearly every group of males mate. To be honest I would just say to you don’t bother your arse about it, as long as you conduct yourself well in public, then ■■■■ everybody else …sorry about language btw. :laughing: :laughing: