The Money pit returns

Yes, yes, yes, My lovely wife’s Jeep Wrangler is back from the shop after fitting some modifications, new rear bumper and spare tyre carrier, new huge tyres (Mickey Thompson’s) I am told they are the best off road tyres money can buy. This vehicle has cost double what we paid for it to keep it on the road :laughing:

I wouldn’t have thought you would need off road tyres to drive on the grass mate ? :wink: :wink:

Hi Pat. The Jeep looks nice. Shouldn’t have any problem at the beach or next winter. Sharp!

It will never get near a beach, we take it through wet marshes and up into the mountains off road.

SH101022.JPGAt my age this is the only thing i go ‘off road’ with now

Hutpik, that’s a beast. That would scare off any animal you are going to run into in the woods! That’s an animal ffs, mind you I wouldn’t say no to a ride on it, would be even better if I could get my hands on it to see what it can do. Looks as if you have a lot of fun with it.

Paul

Hi Paul.Yes it’s a beast,a bit too much for an old un though.Bought it more to ■■■■ people off than to make full use of .I had it up to 130kmph through the forest,then my bottle went,but a ‘‘doo lally’’ mate had it at over 160.
I made a mistake just after the photo,i let myself be persuaded by the ‘‘younger’’[thats everyone]guys to go mud racing though the swampy bits,came back looking like a bloody Somalian.

Pat Hasler:
Yes, yes, yes, My lovely wife’s Jeep Wrangler is back from the shop after fitting some modifications, new rear bumper and spare tyre carrier, new huge tyres (Mickey Thompson’s) I am told they are the best off road tyres money can buy. This vehicle has cost double what we paid for it to keep it on the road :laughing:

I had a Grand Cherokee a few years ago, your right about them being a “money pit”. A great car to drive when it was ok, but my hand was never out of my pocket with it. Just one example, I had the oil seals leaking on the rear axle, simple job?
Not on a Cherokee, the only way to get the seals out was to destroy the bearings!! A £50 job turned into £700!! But I have to say it was fantastic driving motor.Regards Kev.

I also had a 5.9ltr Grand Cherokee in Holland some years ago.Brilliant car to drive,but a '‘bit’'thirsty.I didn’t know that it was limited and went bombing along the German autobahn to visit a girlfriend thinking ‘‘this goes well’’.Then all of a sudden at 250kmph the bloody thing cut out,scared the hell out of me thinking the bloody Engine had blown.

hutpik:
0At my age this is the only thing i go ‘off road’ with now

That’s a pretty mean looking machine, where do you use it ?

Hi Pat,here,like Canada we have a variety of 'forest trails’which are used by the logging companies.also you can go almost anywhere in the forest even if they are private due to a strange law in Sweden whereby everyone has the right to go anywhere as long as they dont desroy anything or disturb the animals.