Nostalgia!!

Bestbooties
You got me all nostalgic again. …This morning on BBC World News, I saw the queue of Turk Tonkas …on the road to Habur. It looks even worse nowadays.
So, this morning, after launching my ski-boats and getting my dive boat loaded and on its way ( this Caribbean business is just like transport) I locked myself in my office and got on Google Earth…I managed one hit from Zakho to Khafji, via Hafar. ( I wandered off to Kuwait and on and on…)
Then I did Al Umari to Turaiyf, via Kaf followed by Ar’Ar, and Rafha. Filled up, coffee and got going.
Have you seen the intersection at the Mirrors!! amazing. Its just like the real world now.
I was thinking about the job the other day and my mind wandered to the Phillipino tanker drivers, you would see them on the TAP Line, they used to cover the inside of their windscreens with cardboard, to keep the sun out and just have a small viewing panel to see out of. What was that all about?? No wonder they used to fall off the road!! and turn over then burst into flames.
Did you used to go the short cut on the Camel road from the TAP Line to Hofuf?? where Rick hit the Camel.
That was the truck that Dave Button had when I was on for Roy Bradford at Lawrabian. Do you remember ■■■■ Ralph?? killed himself when he run his transcon into a Saudi truck just before Salwha Border.
What a mess… RIP Ralph .
GS
GS