Constant lower back ache

lizard:
Had the same thing up to about a year ago. It still pains now and again but I’m now on top of it.
Anyway I went to the GP and was put on tramadol for the pain (which helped but wasn’t 100% effective) he put my on to the physio and it was some simple exercises that really got to the bottom.
I was advised to the following basic exercises.
Slow squats about 5 in a row twice a day
Rolling the head in 1 direction for 5 rotations and then the same the other twice a day.
And as often as possible get your partner to roll a tennis ball up and down either side of your spine (increasing the presure over time)
And apply deep freeze to the affected area.
Don’t use deep heat or any inflammatory creams or medication as this will agravate it.
Also bring your seats back rest forward 1 notch as this will help your posture to get back in line as long as you have your seat back in an upright postion.
Hope this helps.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Yes, I have cream crackered multifidus and it was physio that helped the most, though I’m rubbish at staying on top of the exercises.

Another tip for loosening up tight shoulders: roll up a towel, place it on a hard surface and then lie down on top of the towel so that it runs vertically along your spine and let your shoulders relax back. Sheesh it can hurt :wink: , but if you spend a lot of time hunching forward, clutching a steering wheel, tight shoulders are going to happen.