Guy

It’s my guess that,as in this case,they were all aftermarket conversions some possibly done at the factory and some by the relevant operators themselves.All as and when engines became available.With or without an exchange allowance for the returned/unwanted 180’s and drive lines or disposed of in whatever way.Which might explain the erratic figures. :bulb:
[/quote]
As per usual and “spot on que” you are talking bollox as per usual “CF” ! Cheers Bewick.
[/quote]
Blimey Bewick I thought we were on the same if not similar sides,concerning the mythical heap.With allies like you who needs enemies. :smiling_imp: :laughing:
[/quote]
Well let me spell it out for you “CF” ! Foden’s, ERF’s and Atkinson, never mind about GUY, Seddon and Scammell could never obtain the number of Gardner engines they required ! So how the [zb] were individual operators able to ask their Local vehicle Spare parts dealers to supply an 8LXB engine ! “Oh! now what can I do for you to-day Mr. Operator, ----- What ! are you having a [zb] laugh Mate ! You want what ? a complete ready to install 8LXB engine !” " How many ? 40 !. " 'Ere John come out 'ere mate there’s a Geezer at the counter wants a complete 8 LXB engine ! Yea it’s that Geezer from Leatherhead ! Oh! not that silly [zb] again . :unamused: :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Bewick.
[/quote]
Nice one Dennis, that’s what we all like about you, :imp: you always consider CF’s feelings when you reply to his considered and rational opinions!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Regards Kev.