CPC / CAP - Uk / Spanish

Penfold_101:
Hi,

I’ve had my licence 18 years or so though i’ve not drove HGV’S since around 2009 before CPC came compulsory ! though i have got around 10 years experience before then.

I’ve been doing other things & I’ve now been in Spain 2 years, resident with Spanish licence & now considering driving work again here or Uk

Although here would be much prefered I’m not banking on getting work here with my limited Spanish, I’ve looked into things & i understand the Spanish version of the CPC is a CAP ? a 35 hour course which would be difficult for me with my level of Spanish

Saying that does anybody have any info on the Spanish CAP ? I can read & write Spanish a lot better than i can inderstand it when its spoken… depending on whats involved i may be able to do it or do it after a few more months of hard learning ( esp if it saves changing my licence back to Uk )

So heres some questions i’m hoping to find some help with!

1 - Can i do CPC in Uk with my Spanish licence ?

2 - IF i have to change it to Uk to do CPC then back to Spanish will the CPC carry over / change to CAP when i change the licence to Spanish ?

3 - The digi card: I can apply for this in Uk or Spain & use in either place or not ?

4 - If I do the CAP here in Spain then can’t find work here, can i work for Uk companies / agencies with my Spanish licence, CAP ?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

1. No

2. Yes

3. Needs to match your license/country. But valid in EU.

4. Yes, again valid in Eu.