oz hr test

igloo mike:
that was an interesting week. i lasted 2 days In the job before we agreed i wasn’t a “good fit”.

day 1 bald tyre on the trailer( its on the inside wheel no one will notice)
there is only 3 twist locks on the trailer (thats ok 3 is legal here)

day 2 asked to work nearly 13 hours (only 12 is legal here)

wednesday out looking for work.
thursday offered 2 jobs
took the job mon to fri night trunk up to gympie (about 2.5 /3 hours) tip reload back down to coopers plains tip and back to the depot. should be no more than 11 hours.

oh well another week in paradise.

Ha ha, reminds me of my early days in Sydney. I had already done the road trains bit in the Territory and came down to Sydney and set myself up in a really expensive flat, right in the middle of the action between the city and the Cross. :slight_smile:

Then set about a job, should have done that before the expensive flat. :unamused:

First job driving a 4 wheel Austin from Resch’s brewery down to Darling harbour goods yard (500 metres). The palletted load of beer in crates was pre-loaded. At the goods yard I had to find an empty truck and…handball all the crates off the pallets into it. :open_mouth:

Then find a wagon with crates of empties in…and handball all those back onto the pallets.

Back up the hill and into the warehouse. Before the forkie started the unload he gave me a docket and pointed to where to take it. The company bar, a free pint (yes a pint, nobody drinks pints in Oz :astonished: ) of ice cold Resch’s. Lovely. Back down the hill etc.

After the 2nd trip in the blistering heat and a stomach full of cold beer it was dinnertime. Wasn’t hungry walked into a cafe and ordered, big mistake, a pint of cold milk. :angry:

Cramps for the rest of the afternoon, totally de-hydrated and knackered. 1st day was also the last day. :unamused:

Next job. Flipping pig iron in an iron foundry. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: De-hydration must make the mad even madder. 1 day.

3rd job, painting fences as part of a large crew for a council contractor. Was too good and careful therefore too slow. 1 day.

4th attempt. Israeli Embassy. Volunteers for the 6-day war. ‘What do you do?’ Thinks, has to be good…‘Road Train Driver’ Yeah!! Much excitement. Brilliant, over here mate. Less excitement, ‘thought you said crane driver, the Tel Aviv docks blokes have all been called up and we can’t get all the Yankee tanks unloaded. You can go if you like but you’ll have to pay your own fare.’

Next. Hand the flat keys back before eviction. Went to Queensland. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: