CPC / CAP - Uk / Spanish

Hi,

I’ve had my licence 18 years or so though i’ve not drove HGV’S since around 2009 before CPC came compulsory ! though i have got around 10 years experience before then.

I’ve been doing other things & I’ve now been in Spain 2 years, resident with Spanish licence & now considering driving work again here or Uk

Although here would be much prefered I’m not banking on getting work here with my limited Spanish, I’ve looked into things & i understand the Spanish version of the CPC is a CAP ? a 35 hour course which would be difficult for me with my level of Spanish

Saying that does anybody have any info on the Spanish CAP ? I can read & write Spanish a lot better than i can inderstand it when its spoken… depending on whats involved i may be able to do it or do it after a few more months of hard learning ( esp if it saves changing my licence back to Uk )

So heres some questions i’m hoping to find some help with!

1 - Can i do CPC in Uk with my Spanish licence ?

2 - IF i have to change it to Uk to do CPC then back to Spanish will the CPC carry over / change to CAP when i change the licence to Spanish ?

3 - The digi card: I can apply for this in Uk or Spain & use in either place or not ?

4 - If I do the CAP here in Spain then can’t find work here, can i work for Uk companies / agencies with my Spanish licence, CAP ?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Im 99% sure that you can hold a EU licence from one country and do the DCPC in another country. Ill try to contact someone I know who has done this to confirm, but it may be a little while.
As a EU licence holder you can drive a vehicle from any other EU country. Thats one of the joys of being in the EU: qualifications are recognised across borders. Companies may be a little shy about doing this as they need to verify that the licence is valid,but I dont think there is anything in law to prevent this.

Thanks for the reply Franglais !

That would be great if i am able to do that, i did contact 2 UK CPC training companies to ask, only one replied telling me i need to change it to Uk licance first but hopefully i was miss informed ! It would save me so much hassle if i can do it in Uk, In English & then have the option to work here or Uk

Look forward to hearing from you if the guy you know gets back to you

Many thanks

Spoken to the guy I was thinking of. He holds a French truck licence (transferred a UK one when he moved) and did his CPC in the UK. I’m sure another one has done the same. Caused some confusion when licence was checked by trainer at start of course apparently but all worked out.
After Brexit hopefully we’ll probably still recognise each other’s qualifications as now.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Excellent man really apreciate the info !

So to clarify, he transfered Uk licence - French, then did CPC in UK with his French licence ?

If i’m able to do this with my Spanish licence it would be amazing, well i can contact some more CPC training centres anyhow!

Agreed re Brexit

Thanks a lot

I know of both those cases.
PM sent also

Thank you so much my friend !

Franglais:
Spoken to the guy I was thinking of. He holds a French truck licence (transferred a UK one when he moved) and did his CPC in the UK. I’m sure another one has done the same. Caused some confusion when licence was checked by trainer at start of course apparently but all worked out.
After Brexit hopefully we’ll probably still recognise each other’s qualifications as now.

How is David ■■?

Penfold_101:
Hi,

I’ve had my licence 18 years or so though i’ve not drove HGV’S since around 2009 before CPC came compulsory ! though i have got around 10 years experience before then.

I’ve been doing other things & I’ve now been in Spain 2 years, resident with Spanish licence & now considering driving work again here or Uk

Although here would be much prefered I’m not banking on getting work here with my limited Spanish, I’ve looked into things & i understand the Spanish version of the CPC is a CAP ? a 35 hour course which would be difficult for me with my level of Spanish

Saying that does anybody have any info on the Spanish CAP ? I can read & write Spanish a lot better than i can inderstand it when its spoken… depending on whats involved i may be able to do it or do it after a few more months of hard learning ( esp if it saves changing my licence back to Uk )

So heres some questions i’m hoping to find some help with!

1 - Can i do CPC in Uk with my Spanish licence ?

2 - IF i have to change it to Uk to do CPC then back to Spanish will the CPC carry over / change to CAP when i change the licence to Spanish ?

3 - The digi card: I can apply for this in Uk or Spain & use in either place or not ?

4 - If I do the CAP here in Spain then can’t find work here, can i work for Uk companies / agencies with my Spanish licence, CAP ?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

1. No

2. Yes

3. Needs to match your license/country. But valid in EU.

4. Yes, again valid in Eu.

Thanks Concretejim,

DVSA say i can do it in the Uk with my Spanish licence, if thats what they say its good enough for me :neutral_face:

You could always do the CAP in Spain there´ll be somewhere close to you, probably.

There´s no pass or fail all you have to do is attend for 35 hours, sign the register every day, have a smoke break when they do, have a coffee when they do, then leave when every one else does.

Unless you´ve done it already?