Impatience or.....

Olog Hai:

Freight Dog:

cheekymonkey:
Also, when you get ambushed by an H & S zealot who makes you comply with daft rules, remember it wasnt him who invented them it was some guy in a suit somewhere, and hes got no choice but to enforce them. Hes getting watched on a camera and has to toe the line. Dont take it out on him. Chill out.

Sometimes the types enforcing HS, especially rdcs act like complete [zb].

Yes, but so do many drivers. Those who think they are a lot smarter than they actually are, the cocky know-it-alls and the knuckle-dragging morons who cannot string together a sentence without swearing, are highly-strung about everything and who believe that delivering a load of Cornflakes to a Tesco RDC is similar in significance to launching a Space Shuttle. There is one on here who frequents the owner-driver form who appears to vastly over-think the act of moving goods from point A to point B. It’s not difficult.

I have always believed that many security guards act in the manner that they do because they have become heartily ■■■■■■■■■■ with being sworn at, shouted at and generally treated like dirt by dim-witted morons driving lorries. One evening several years ago I saw one visiting driver do exactly that to a guard who would not say boo to a goose. It was embarrassing,

Drivers with a chip on the shoulder (which is lots of them) often believe that they are being singled-out for bad treatment from security guards, HSE people and the like. The truth is more like these people have dealt with too many brain-dead knuckleheads who think that they always know best, and now respond in kind.

Got to agree mate, the way you are treated is determined by how you approach and treat other people.
(Also Co bosses can not grasp the concept that you reap what you sow, in other words treat me like a ■■■■, and you get the same reply off me)
I speak to people in lowly jobs in the same way I speak to anybody, …with common respect and manners.
On other hand, if somebody talks down to me, I kick off, I don’t care who (or what) tf he is.